Preparing For A Move Within Massachusetts, Rhode Island or Beyond
Moving can quickly become an overwhelming task if not properly prepared for. We’ve put together these moving tips to help make your move smooth and stress-free .
Whether you are moving to a new city/state or moving down the block, it is important to stay organized during your move. Long Moving & Storage LLC has put together the following tips and steps for a successful move.
STEP 1 – Make A Plan
(This should be done as soon as you know you are moving – ideally 3-4 months in advance)
Once you have decided to move, you’ll need to come up with an initial move plan. If you are staying in the same city, this plan won’t need to be as complex, but if you are moving across the country or to a new city, your plan will have additional items to consider. The earlier you can make this moving plan, the better. Once you and your family have a plan, you will all feel more at ease about your upcoming move.
You will need to decide on the following:
1. How will I transport my vehicles?
2. How will I transport my children?
3. How will I transport my pets?
4. Do I need help with the entire move or can I contribute in any way? (i.e. packing, transporting, lifting, etc)
5. What is the ideal moving timeline and dates?
6. Will I need storage at any time during my move?